Thursday, February 18, 2010

Make Money on a Travel Blog

I was recently asked by a friend who is going travelling this summer, if they should set up a blog about it to make some money, that will pay for their extended holiday:

My Advice to her is below:

I think writing about your trip is a great idea and yes you can make money from it. I would however cation you if you think it will make you loads of cash quickly.

It is not that it can't, but I do it full time and it is a full time job. It also took me over a year of doing it before I got to the point where I was earning enough so that I could quit my day job and work on it full time.

If however you just want to earn some pocket money - You could easily set up a blog and then add some Google Adsense and Affiliate advertising onto it. This is not to say that in the future you could not earn a living from it, but this summer may be too soon to really make good money from a blog.

Nerdy Nomad: http://www.nerdynomad.com/ is good for inspiration and plenty of advice as she pays for her travels with her blog

Free Blogging Platforms
Besides wordpress.com, that this blog is hosted on, Google have a good free blog host: www.bolgger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment